Skip to main content

Forging Futures

Looking back on my past posts and the most popular one seems to be the one where I talk about people having some kind of life check list of things that they should be doing etc.  Well what can we say about that?  Everyone seems to feel the pressure of life.  I would say modern life but that wouldn't be correct, I think these types of pressure have been there since the beginning, like "Keeping up with the Jones'".   A term I also find highly amusing as my sister and her family are the Jones' and I would be exhausted and bankrupt if I tried keeping up with them considering we only really have one proper income coming into our house.

Anyway remember like a wise woman once told me "Comparison is the Death of Joy".  People should concentrate on living and enjoying their own lives otherwise they're going to miss out on what is truely in front of them.

I think women have an extraordinary amount of pressure put upon them.  From keeping a perfect home (still think you should dust if you must), to raising children (even if they might not want to), keeping their careers going and taking care of life admin for the majority of the home.  We need to cut ourselves some slack.

I consider myself very fortunate to have a roof over my head, an amazing man and two beautiful daughters.  Yes I might not be in a career I want any more and never pictured myself as a stay at home mum, but we are very fortunate that I can do that.  I know that one day I will be able to get my career back on track, the most important thing at the moment is bringing up my two girls.  I want to do my utmost to empower them and make sure they understand they can be anything they want to be and not to be a people pleaser, forge their own path and be body confident.

I was mortified when my eldest came home from nursery one day and started saying certain things were for boys and certain things were for girls, as this has definitely not come from us.  Both Mr Bus and I have worked even harder to make her realise there aren't certain things for boys or girls.  It is so important that as parents we encourage and support whatever our children want to be.  Obviously don't blow wind up their arse so they think they are the most important thing since sliced bread but keep it real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

28 Years Later

My word I can’t believe that 28 years ago this month I met my best friend.  Who would have thought it?  We have been together through thick and thin, there have been highs and lows but like any relationship you have to work at it. We can remember that our first argument was about the size of a killer whale, I think I said it was as big as a house.  Goodness knows.  Anyway, we have had some other disagreements since then but when it comes down to it we are still there for each other.  I think we also know when we need some space and so if we don’t hear off one another for a couple of days it’s not a big thing. Ms James is my best friend for many reasons.  I know she is always there, she is very good at advice although can do with listening to her own wise words now and again, but can’t we all.  Also she doesn’t judge.  I know I can tell her anything on this planet and she won’t judge me and be nothing but a friend. I love her quirky ways and know I can have not only an

Weston Hall Afternoon Tea

Well if you haven’t guessed I do enjoy an afternoon tea even though I don’t have a sweet tooth.   For my last birthday my lovely friend Fordy got me two vouchers for afternoon tea at Weston Hall , Stafford.   Having a browse on line beforehand this looked like a marvellous setting. We arrived at this lovely building which was very picturesque the only down side was that it was quite close to a main road and this spoiled the view a bit but the noise levels weren’t too bad.   We headed into the Cellar restaurant where our afternoon tea was booked and showed into the lounge area where we would be having it.   Mr Bus and I chose some lovely sofas to sit on next to the fire, although it was the end of May we went the weather was still cold and wet so this was welcome. For our afternoon tea we could choose from a range of teas or coffee and we opted for Assam, being one of our favourites.   We were expecting to wait a little while and started to have a nose at what else they had on o

The Afternoon Teas Have Returned....Cheltenham

Hurrah, at long last the delightful afternoon teas have returned and it was kick started with a meet up with the Biffa's (self given name for my little group of lovely ladies).  We decided to meet up in Cheltenham as it's roughly half way between Bridgend and Stafford along with being a nice place. We decided to rendezvous at the Cheltenham park and ride.  I have to say one of my main priorities when visiting any where is that they have a decent easy to get to park and ride.  I mean, why battle with the inner town systems of somewhere you haven't a clue when you can just park up and jump on a bus which does the stressful bit for you. On arrival into the town we got our bearings by heading to the nearest decent looking pub and as we were driving the strongest thing we opted for was caffeine.  Still it gave us chance to have a natter, exchange some gifts and decide where we wanted to go and if anyone had anything in particular they wanted to get.