Skip to main content

Eczema Skin Relief


I have always suffered occasionally with the odd spot of eczema, it got particularly bad on my face when I first went to university and I thought this might have been down to the change in environment and the fact the water was a lot harder there than back home.

Since having Tegan back in February 2015, I have learned that this wasn't the case and it was brought on through stress and anxiety.  This makes perfect sense, at the time I was going through a lot.  My parents had just separated, I had moved 162 miles from home and didn't know anybody, and my boyfriend at the time had moved in the other direction to Aberystwyth.  In all from intensive moisturising and eventually settling, meeting some great new friends and my boyfriend transferring to be at the same university it calmed down after a year.  I still have to make sure not to neglect my skin on my face and it has now become part of my routine.  Guaranteed it should be anyway, but how many of us can actually say we bother?!

Now a good ten years or so later I find myself once again in a similar situation.  This time I moved 149 miles from home, left a job I loved, was pregnant and only really knew the fantastic Mr Bus and a lovely lady called Eve.  If that isn't enough to bring on some stress and anxiety I don't know what is.  This time the eczema has come out on my hands and gradually spread to my forearms and my shins. I have been using numerous steroid creams prescribed by the doctors, but nothing is touching it really.  I have had a slight respite recently and I put this down to having to have antibiotics for an ear infection and it giving my immune system a boost.

I have also been making sure to wear gloves for practically everything, leaving the bathing of my gorgeous girl to Mr Bus and moisturising as often as possible.  I have tried numerous creams but these are the ones I have found the best so far.....

My favourite one of all is Dream Cream by Lush.  This smells amazing and is apparently approved by the eczema society.  It is made using cooling oats.  It is very cooling on irritated skin and I find this brilliant if I am having a flare up on my arms, legs, and body.  Unfortunately it doesn't really do much for my hands. It is especially good on little flare ups.

E45 Intensive skin repair.  This is brilliant, it is keeping my eczema at bay.  I started using it daily and now I just use it every other day.  The great thing is you only need a spot of it as well.  However, this was still no good on my hands.

For my hands.....at last.  After trying the quite pricey Robertson's eczema relief from Australia without much luck I came across vaseline intensive care advanced repair hand. However now trying to find somewhere that sells it....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

28 Years Later

My word I can’t believe that 28 years ago this month I met my best friend.  Who would have thought it?  We have been together through thick and thin, there have been highs and lows but like any relationship you have to work at it. We can remember that our first argument was about the size of a killer whale, I think I said it was as big as a house.  Goodness knows.  Anyway, we have had some other disagreements since then but when it comes down to it we are still there for each other.  I think we also know when we need some space and so if we don’t hear off one another for a couple of days it’s not a big thing. Ms James is my best friend for many reasons.  I know she is always there, she is very good at advice although can do with listening to her own wise words now and again, but can’t we all.  Also she doesn’t judge.  I know I can tell her anything on this planet and she won’t judge me and be nothing but a friend. I love her quirky ways and know I can have not only an

Weston Hall Afternoon Tea

Well if you haven’t guessed I do enjoy an afternoon tea even though I don’t have a sweet tooth.   For my last birthday my lovely friend Fordy got me two vouchers for afternoon tea at Weston Hall , Stafford.   Having a browse on line beforehand this looked like a marvellous setting. We arrived at this lovely building which was very picturesque the only down side was that it was quite close to a main road and this spoiled the view a bit but the noise levels weren’t too bad.   We headed into the Cellar restaurant where our afternoon tea was booked and showed into the lounge area where we would be having it.   Mr Bus and I chose some lovely sofas to sit on next to the fire, although it was the end of May we went the weather was still cold and wet so this was welcome. For our afternoon tea we could choose from a range of teas or coffee and we opted for Assam, being one of our favourites.   We were expecting to wait a little while and started to have a nose at what else they had on o

Tea in Stratford-Upon-Avon Why Not?!?!?

For my 30th birthday my fabulous friend who I have known for 12 years bought me a voucher for afternoon tea for two at a location of my choosing. Unfortunately as me and said friend live quite far apart I was unable to take her with me, so took my other fabulous friend Fordy. On arriving in Stratford after many a detour around the M5 thanks to having too much fun in the car and not concentrating on directions (also I refuse to use Satnav it makes me even more of a road rage victim) we found the hotel we had booked the afternoon tea in and parked up. Brilliant, as we were using the hotel’s facilities and having afternoon tea there we could park for free and it was a two minute walk from the shopping centre. It was a glorious day, a lot hotter than we had anticipated but not that we were complaining. We donned our sunglasses and headed for a look around the shops. I just had to stop for a drink and chose a gorgeous Strawberry milkshake that was quite filling really. We he