Skip to main content

More Afternoon Tea?!?!?!

Well yes, I have been at it again. The 2nd December my fabulous friend Fordy and I went on a lovely day trip to Bath. We love our girlie day trips and thought we would combine this one with the Christmas market and afternoon tea (of course).




As it was a day off from work we allowed ourselves a little lie in so didn’t set off too early, this did mean that we missed all the rush hour traffic and had a lovely drive down to Bath. The weather was nice and bright but it was cold, which got us in the mood for a Christmas market. We arrived at the park and ride and it was full, we drove round trying to find a space, just as we were about to give up and try and find somewhere else, a bus from town pulled up and we were able to follow people off the bus to a parking space. Then came the wait in the queue for a bus, it was so cold and we wished we had layered up a bit more. Luckily we weren’t waiting long and we were on a bus into Bath centre.

On arriving we got our bearings and started to have a wander around. As we had booked afternoon tea at the pump rooms we decided to have brunch so that we weren’t waiting too long without something to eat. I had heard my favourite Pies from Pieminister were going to have a stall at the Guildhall Market, we made our way over. I had a delicious Deer Santa pie with gravy and Fordy had a Three Kings Pie with gravy. It really hit the spot on such a cold day and because I had been craving one for a while, it really warmed us up nice and toasty.

We decided that we would have a wander around the Christmas market and it was lovely to see all the stalls and get us in the mood for Christmas. The smells of all the different foods and mulled wine was lovely. There were so many different crafts available it was delightful. We were having a glorious time. Both of us bought a lovely glass ornament for our Christmas trees, mine was of Rudolph and Fordy’s of a Robin which had a glittery red breast.

Time was soon upon us to head on over for our afternoon tea. Having being uber organised I had booked us a table so we didn’t have to queue. We were shown to our seats and our order taken by a lovely waiter who we nicknamed Sebastian. There was delightful Christmas music being played on the piano, and we nicknamed the pianist Quentin. Our Tea stand came and it full of delicious food. On the bottom tier was finger sandwiches, the next tier up were four scones, two with currents, two with out, with some lovely clotted cream and jam, then the top tier had two choux pastry cakes, a fruit custard tart and a mince pie.




Once again we couldn’t eat it all as it was all too much, however this time we were able to take the left overs home and Sebastian took them away to wrap them up for us. We noticed others had done the same and came away with a lovely foil basket, however, when ours came back it was in a delightfully wrapped foil swan, we loved it.




There was still a decent amount of time for us to finish looking around the Christmas stalls and general shops before heading home. The day put us in a lovely Christmassy mood and joyful spirits, I would definitely recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

28 Years Later

My word I can’t believe that 28 years ago this month I met my best friend.  Who would have thought it?  We have been together through thick and thin, there have been highs and lows but like any relationship you have to work at it. We can remember that our first argument was about the size of a killer whale, I think I said it was as big as a house.  Goodness knows.  Anyway, we have had some other disagreements since then but when it comes down to it we are still there for each other.  I think we also know when we need some space and so if we don’t hear off one another for a couple of days it’s not a big thing. Ms James is my best friend for many reasons.  I know she is always there, she is very good at advice although can do with listening to her own wise words now and again, but can’t we all.  Also she doesn’t judge.  I know I can tell her anything on this planet and she won’t judge me and be nothing but a friend. I love her quirky ways and know I can have not only an

The Afternoon Teas Have Returned....Cheltenham

Hurrah, at long last the delightful afternoon teas have returned and it was kick started with a meet up with the Biffa's (self given name for my little group of lovely ladies).  We decided to meet up in Cheltenham as it's roughly half way between Bridgend and Stafford along with being a nice place. We decided to rendezvous at the Cheltenham park and ride.  I have to say one of my main priorities when visiting any where is that they have a decent easy to get to park and ride.  I mean, why battle with the inner town systems of somewhere you haven't a clue when you can just park up and jump on a bus which does the stressful bit for you. On arrival into the town we got our bearings by heading to the nearest decent looking pub and as we were driving the strongest thing we opted for was caffeine.  Still it gave us chance to have a natter, exchange some gifts and decide where we wanted to go and if anyone had anything in particular they wanted to get.                        

Weston Hall Afternoon Tea

Well if you haven’t guessed I do enjoy an afternoon tea even though I don’t have a sweet tooth.   For my last birthday my lovely friend Fordy got me two vouchers for afternoon tea at Weston Hall , Stafford.   Having a browse on line beforehand this looked like a marvellous setting. We arrived at this lovely building which was very picturesque the only down side was that it was quite close to a main road and this spoiled the view a bit but the noise levels weren’t too bad.   We headed into the Cellar restaurant where our afternoon tea was booked and showed into the lounge area where we would be having it.   Mr Bus and I chose some lovely sofas to sit on next to the fire, although it was the end of May we went the weather was still cold and wet so this was welcome. For our afternoon tea we could choose from a range of teas or coffee and we opted for Assam, being one of our favourites.   We were expecting to wait a little while and started to have a nose at what else they had on o