Skip to main content

Flexinoon

The delightful Ms James and I spent a wonderful afternoon full of excitement last Thursday. I booked a half day off work (thank god for flexi, it’s amazing!!) We met down Cardiff Bay cinema but it was too early to book any tickets. We headed off for food in Strada. This is one of my favourite places to eat and they were doing a lunch time special as well. Ms James and I both went for the Risotto Fungi, it was delightful and tasty, it was cooked perfectly and cream, lovely and filling.

We got back to the cinema and booked our tickets, however we were too early to go in so we had to wait around. With that the lure of the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream got us and we were drawn in. I had Fairly Nuts which is a caramel ice cream with a praline almond cluster and caramel swirls; I have to say it was very yummy. Whilst getting out Ice cream I managed to glance around only to see an ex boyfriend standing there with his date. Ms James and I deduced it was a date and a second one at that as there was a certain level of familiarity about it but not so much as he was sure what to do, this made us laugh. He was doing his nervous head scratching thing too, and kept waving his one arm around her back but not touching her as he seemed unsure whether to or not. Also he had made an effort and she looked like she just rolled out of bed and put on the clothes that just happened to be hanging around, maybe not that into him. She seemed normal enough though. We stood back and laughed, I am sure he must have noticed me. I would have thought that would be quite a bad thing to come across, you’re on an afternoon second date with a girl and bam there’s your ex in the same queue for the refreshments. No eye contact was made so didn’t have to say hello or acknowledge him, which of course I would have said hi, no need to be rude bwhahahahahahaha.

Our entertainment filled the time before taking our seat in the cinema. We went to see the Muppets and were quite pleased that there weren’t many people in there. I have to say this film was brilliant and we loved it. It was a really good feel good film and you left feeling happy and joyous. It didn’t even bother us when a child was running around the cinema with flashing shoes on. We weren’t even the odd ones out in there having no children with us; there was an old couple there too which was sweet to see.




We left the cinema in high spirits and thought we would enjoy our afternoon more heading back to mine and opening a bottle of the old vino. Still very full from our amazing lunch we didn’t feel like any tea (MISTAKE NO.1). After seeing our way through that bottle, we thought this is a really lovely evening lets pop to the shop and get some more wine (MISTAKE NO.2). On getting to the shop we see that the wine if on offer RESULT and decide to buy two bottles. We get them back to mine and put on a bit of Iron Man 2 in the background just purely to drool over. As usual our conversations end up quite random, but that is what we love and we start making wild plans.

All of a sudden it’s half 11ish (I am guessing as I am not quite sure), and the two extra bottles of wine are gone (MISTAKE NO.3). I say good bye to Ms James and remember I must go to bed; I have work the next day (MISTAKE NO.4) and are driving up after work to see the fantastic Mr Bus. Well with all those mistakes its no wonder when the following day came I didn’t feel so chipper and thought I would feel rough all day so armed myself with a can of coke a coffee and a sausage and egg mcmuffin. Much to my delight my hangover was gone by 11am woop woop and I enjoyed a fabulous weekend with Mr Bus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

28 Years Later

My word I can’t believe that 28 years ago this month I met my best friend.  Who would have thought it?  We have been together through thick and thin, there have been highs and lows but like any relationship you have to work at it. We can remember that our first argument was about the size of a killer whale, I think I said it was as big as a house.  Goodness knows.  Anyway, we have had some other disagreements since then but when it comes down to it we are still there for each other.  I think we also know when we need some space and so if we don’t hear off one another for a couple of days it’s not a big thing. Ms James is my best friend for many reasons.  I know she is always there, she is very good at advice although can do with listening to her own wise words now and again, but can’t we all.  Also she doesn’t judge.  I know I can tell her anything on this planet and she won’t judge me and be nothing but a friend. I love her quirky ways and know I can have not only an

The Afternoon Teas Have Returned....Cheltenham

Hurrah, at long last the delightful afternoon teas have returned and it was kick started with a meet up with the Biffa's (self given name for my little group of lovely ladies).  We decided to meet up in Cheltenham as it's roughly half way between Bridgend and Stafford along with being a nice place. We decided to rendezvous at the Cheltenham park and ride.  I have to say one of my main priorities when visiting any where is that they have a decent easy to get to park and ride.  I mean, why battle with the inner town systems of somewhere you haven't a clue when you can just park up and jump on a bus which does the stressful bit for you. On arrival into the town we got our bearings by heading to the nearest decent looking pub and as we were driving the strongest thing we opted for was caffeine.  Still it gave us chance to have a natter, exchange some gifts and decide where we wanted to go and if anyone had anything in particular they wanted to get.                        

Weston Hall Afternoon Tea

Well if you haven’t guessed I do enjoy an afternoon tea even though I don’t have a sweet tooth.   For my last birthday my lovely friend Fordy got me two vouchers for afternoon tea at Weston Hall , Stafford.   Having a browse on line beforehand this looked like a marvellous setting. We arrived at this lovely building which was very picturesque the only down side was that it was quite close to a main road and this spoiled the view a bit but the noise levels weren’t too bad.   We headed into the Cellar restaurant where our afternoon tea was booked and showed into the lounge area where we would be having it.   Mr Bus and I chose some lovely sofas to sit on next to the fire, although it was the end of May we went the weather was still cold and wet so this was welcome. For our afternoon tea we could choose from a range of teas or coffee and we opted for Assam, being one of our favourites.   We were expecting to wait a little while and started to have a nose at what else they had on o