Skip to main content

Simple is as simple does

I have been trying to use different recipes for tea lately, fancying something different from our day to day meals, which seem to be set on a routine.  My go to simple dish which is quick and easy to make is:

Chicken and Chorizo fried rice.
(for two people)

1 chicken breast
1/3 of a chorizo ring
1/2 teaspoon of garlic (lazy garlic, or fresh or dried)
1/2 teaspoon of ginger (lazy ginger, or fresh or dried)
(if using dried you might need more to taste)
soy sauce (as needed)
mushrooms (as many as you want)
11/2 cups of rice.

First of all I put my rice in my microwave rice cooker.  This is generally on high for 12 minutes.  While this is cooking I dice up the ingredients.  I cook the chicken first in some olive oil with the ginger and garlic when it's nearly done I add the mushrooms and the chorizo. (Mr Bus cooks this with one small red onion, which you can cook before the chicken and then add everything to).

By this time the rice should have cooked, lower the heat and add the rice stirring thoroughly. Add the soy sauce, as much or as little as you want and then whack the heat up high for a few minutes.  Wham bam thank you mam.....you have chicken and chorizo fried rice.  Yummy warming and comforting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VW Bus Birthday Cake

It’s that time of year again the fantastic Mr Bus’ birthday.   Now last year I decided to design and make him a digger cake, this year of course I had to equal that effort or go one better.   I had a few ideas in the pipeline and decided to ask the Birthday boy what he would prefer.   We went with a VW Bus cake. Now I started with baking a lemon drizzle loaf cake, whilst this was cooling had the daunting thought this was not going to be high enough, so baked another lemon loaf cake, this time without the drizzle, so that I could square off the top to sit the other one on top of it.   After these had cooled down, it was time to build, placing the loaf cakes one on top of the other with a layer of vanilla butter cream in the middle, I covered the cakes all over in butter cream.   I then set about with the icing.   I thought it best to start with the white top and draped it over the cakes, just leaving enough for a slight overlap at the bottom. ...

More Afternoon Tea?!?!?!

Well yes, I have been at it again. The 2nd December my fabulous friend Fordy and I went on a lovely day trip to Bath. We love our girlie day trips and thought we would combine this one with the Christmas market and afternoon tea (of course). As it was a day off from work we allowed ourselves a little lie in so didn’t set off too early, this did mean that we missed all the rush hour traffic and had a lovely drive down to Bath. The weather was nice and bright but it was cold, which got us in the mood for a Christmas market. We arrived at the park and ride and it was full, we drove round trying to find a space, just as we were about to give up and try and find somewhere else, a bus from town pulled up and we were able to follow people off the bus to a parking space. Then came the wait in the queue for a bus, it was so cold and we wished we had layered up a bit more. Luckily we weren’t waiting long and we were on a bus into Bath centre. On arriving we got our bearings and star...

Dirty Dancing at the Wales Millennium Centre

My mum sister and I thought it would be a lovely treat to go the Wales Millennium Centre and watch Dirty Dancing . This was my sister’s favourite film when she was growing up and we thought it would be a lovely girlie day out for us as we don’t often get to do that these days what with one thing and another. We bought the tickets for my mum’s birthday in July and were all really excited about it, as it promised great things coming from the West End. We had a Saturday afternoon showing and thought we could go for a lovely lunch first in one of the many restaurants down Cardiff Bay. When the day finally arrived we headed for Zizzi’s to eat and to be fair the food was gorgeous and tasty. My mum had raspberry lemonade to drink which I had to try some of and it was really yummy, you could taste the raspberries in it for sure. We headed over the Wales Millennium Centre and took our seats; we had not bad ones considering we booked quite late. We were sat in the circle. One ama...