Skip to main content

Tea and Sympathy


Well….. What can I say…? I imagined 2010 being a great year for me and all my friends. When really it’s been a good year for me and an average or bad year for some of my friends.

However, I have been able to offer tea and sympathy to them and hopefully some grains of advice that might help them, if not just someone to listen to them. I am very thankful that (touch wood) I haven’t had any trauma in my life this year and it’s all gone smoothly for a change, this is also good as I have been able to give my friends my full attention when things have been going wrong for them. Obviously I can’t divulge too much as it’s their business and up to them to broadcast.

I am now hoping that 2011 will be a fab year for all. There is a lot to look forward to already, well for me anyway, there is Rome, 30th Birthday’s, possibly Holland and a wedding.

I think nothing cures all ills and calms people down as well as a nice cup of tea. I can be quite a tea snob and like my Assam, Oolong, cha etc. I am sure each of these is good for different types of moods and occasions, I am sure more to come on this at a later date. I think I should design or track down a tea which is ideal for a tea and sympathy situation, that perfect blend to refresh, reawaken, soothe and calm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VW Bus Birthday Cake

It’s that time of year again the fantastic Mr Bus’ birthday.   Now last year I decided to design and make him a digger cake, this year of course I had to equal that effort or go one better.   I had a few ideas in the pipeline and decided to ask the Birthday boy what he would prefer.   We went with a VW Bus cake. Now I started with baking a lemon drizzle loaf cake, whilst this was cooling had the daunting thought this was not going to be high enough, so baked another lemon loaf cake, this time without the drizzle, so that I could square off the top to sit the other one on top of it.   After these had cooled down, it was time to build, placing the loaf cakes one on top of the other with a layer of vanilla butter cream in the middle, I covered the cakes all over in butter cream.   I then set about with the icing.   I thought it best to start with the white top and draped it over the cakes, just leaving enough for a slight overlap at the bottom. ...

Time Flies when you're having fun

This year is flying by and it’s been quite a reflecting one so far and trying to figure out ones wants and needs. To do this you really have to work out the differences between wants and needs. Wants: - Things that you would like to have but could live without. Lovely shoes, nice clothes, place of my own, progression in career, more money, nice holidays. Needs: - Things that you have to have as you can’t live without. Clothes, food, water, roof over my head, job. After weighing these out I have everything I need, which is fantastic and I am lucky that I have some of the things I want. The only specific goal for something that I want now is a place of my own. A prime example of what was frustrating me, last night after doing my monthly shop, I came home and tried to place things in the freezer, no can do, it was filled with someone else’s food!!! No room for mine at all, the fridge was almost the same as well!!!!! This won’t do, I really have had enough!!! So the saving must comme...

A Year On

I tend to not like to blog too much about serious things, as it can all get a bit bogged down. However, I would like to reflect on the past year, and truly I must say that everything happens for a reason. My 30th year started in disaster with what was meant to be a lovely trip to Rome with my boyfriend at the time, which was on my list of places to visit since goodness knows when. Instead we got to Rome and I got dumped and found a person who I considered a friend was truly the opposite. Still we managed to make the best out of a bad situation and I still got to see the things I really wanted to see but obviously my heart wasn’t in it and I was reluctant to throw my euro into the Trevi fountain not particularly wanting to return at that point. The next few months passed in some what of a blur, but luckily I have amazing friends who were there for me and pulled me through. I kept myself busy and developed quite the social life for myself and so I was never left to mull in my ...