Skip to main content

Hanging on by my finger nails!!!

Well, it’s been a while and I find myself clinging to my twenties and reluctant to let go. I don’t want to be in my 30’s I find the whole thing a hurdle. I think this is mainly because I had planned so much for myself to have achieved by now, and I feel not much has been done. I am getting there though I suppose, also you can never plan when you have to factor in other people and what they want to do as well. Maybe the key is never to plan and that way you are never disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VW Bus Birthday Cake

It’s that time of year again the fantastic Mr Bus’ birthday.   Now last year I decided to design and make him a digger cake, this year of course I had to equal that effort or go one better.   I had a few ideas in the pipeline and decided to ask the Birthday boy what he would prefer.   We went with a VW Bus cake. Now I started with baking a lemon drizzle loaf cake, whilst this was cooling had the daunting thought this was not going to be high enough, so baked another lemon loaf cake, this time without the drizzle, so that I could square off the top to sit the other one on top of it.   After these had cooled down, it was time to build, placing the loaf cakes one on top of the other with a layer of vanilla butter cream in the middle, I covered the cakes all over in butter cream.   I then set about with the icing.   I thought it best to start with the white top and draped it over the cakes, just leaving enough for a slight overlap at the bottom. ...

Time Flies when you're having fun

This year is flying by and it’s been quite a reflecting one so far and trying to figure out ones wants and needs. To do this you really have to work out the differences between wants and needs. Wants: - Things that you would like to have but could live without. Lovely shoes, nice clothes, place of my own, progression in career, more money, nice holidays. Needs: - Things that you have to have as you can’t live without. Clothes, food, water, roof over my head, job. After weighing these out I have everything I need, which is fantastic and I am lucky that I have some of the things I want. The only specific goal for something that I want now is a place of my own. A prime example of what was frustrating me, last night after doing my monthly shop, I came home and tried to place things in the freezer, no can do, it was filled with someone else’s food!!! No room for mine at all, the fridge was almost the same as well!!!!! This won’t do, I really have had enough!!! So the saving must comme...

More Afternoon Tea?!?!?!

Well yes, I have been at it again. The 2nd December my fabulous friend Fordy and I went on a lovely day trip to Bath. We love our girlie day trips and thought we would combine this one with the Christmas market and afternoon tea (of course). As it was a day off from work we allowed ourselves a little lie in so didn’t set off too early, this did mean that we missed all the rush hour traffic and had a lovely drive down to Bath. The weather was nice and bright but it was cold, which got us in the mood for a Christmas market. We arrived at the park and ride and it was full, we drove round trying to find a space, just as we were about to give up and try and find somewhere else, a bus from town pulled up and we were able to follow people off the bus to a parking space. Then came the wait in the queue for a bus, it was so cold and we wished we had layered up a bit more. Luckily we weren’t waiting long and we were on a bus into Bath centre. On arriving we got our bearings and star...